Roadside Safety’s mission is, first and foremost, the safety of those who work in the industry. Along with professional development and skills recognition, this is our reason for being, it’s our WHY.
A close second is the desire to give something back. Stuart Powell, owner of the company recognizes his good fortune of being employed in the industry for many years, a career that has allowed him to start from humble beginnings as an apprentice mechanic to becoming National Training Manager for Goodyear Dunlop, and eventually owning his own business.
In 2020, Roadside Safety signed the Armed Forces Covenant and made a pledge to support those who serve, those in transition and those who have resettled into civvy street.
Roadside Safety Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers; Assisting with identifying employment opportunities in the tyre fitting sector through our network of customers who are seeking new qualified entrants into the industry
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners; by offering free training in professional qualifications for the tyre fitting industry to enable veterans to access career opportunities in the sector. For every 5 places paid for by our customers, we will fund a sixth place for a veteran.
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
How can we help?
As part of our pledge to the armed forces covenant and to give back to the community, we will provide 1 fully funded place for every course we run. Whether you are a veteran, still serving, about to transition, or a reservist, this applies to you.
This also extends to spouses of veterans, reservists or serving personnel.
We work closely with the Forces Transition Group who work tirelessly to support those who are transitioning, through CV development, financial issues, networking and finding employment. Contact John Stephenson to find out how they can support you.
Wellbeing is an important part of everyone’s life and especially so, when considering or going through a major life change. We have partnered with Helen Dos Santos of Horizons Coaching who can offer a free one hour consultation and advice on next steps should you need support with stress, anxiety, addiction, family issues or crisis.
During our years in the training business we have forged strong links with employers, both local and national, who are seeking to attract new talent into the sector. We can put you in contact with the right people to have a discussion around your new career in the tyre fitting and logistics sector.
What types of roles are there?
- MOT Testers
- Tyre technicians :
- Centre Managers
- Assistant Centre Managers
- Depot Managers
- Roadside Breakdown technicians
- Fleet Managers
Which employers do we partner with?
Lodge Tyre, Protyre, Tyre Fix UK, R&J Strange, Tyre Maintenance, S E Tyres, Dexel, Fuller Tyres Northgate Vehicle Hire and Briggs Equipment.
If you would like to talk to us about employment or training opportunities, contact us for an informal chat.