To enable participants involved in truck tyre fitting a full understanding of tyre sizes and marking, tyre law, wheel removal and fitting, tyre fitting, tyre repairing, tyre re-grooving, identification of wheels and components to go with them. The person will be capable of meeting the industry standards by achieving a pass in both a theory and practical IMI test.
- Pre and post course assessment
- Health and Safety including Manual handling
- Tyre sizes, load and speed markings
- Tyre law
- Raising/lowering vehicle safely
- Removal/refitting tyres safely
- Tyre removal/refitting
- Tyre/tube repairs to BSUA159 Standard
- Tyre Regrooving
- Practical demonstrations
- Theory test
- Practical IMI test
- On completion of this course the participants will achieve the IMI award in truck tyre fitting.
- Contributes towards the part completion of a module that forms part of the tyre fitting Apprenticeship
- Certificated for CPD purposes
- Covers elements of:-
Flipcharts, Workbook, Handouts, Tools, Repair Material, Practical exercises, IMI testing
Identified Training Centre or Agreed Venue
3 days – dependent upon content. See note.
No. of Candidates:
This course can be completed using a distance learning pack followed by a 2 day course. Pease ask for details